Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Relay for Life

My school has created a Relay for Life team to walk/run/skip/jump/crawl around a track for 12 hours straight. This is going to take place April 30-May 1 and we will have at least one team member on the track at all times, the analogy being that cancer never stops so neither will we.


I think most of us have been affected in some way or another by cancer. If not, consider yourself lucky.

My goal is to raise $100 for the cause. If you would like to help me achieve that goal, please consider visiting this website: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10GW?px=14137483&pg=personal&fr_id=22043

There are various ways to contribute like making a direct donation or purchasing a luminaria that will light our way around the track during the wee hours of the night. The luminarias can be "In Honor Of" a cancer survivor or "In Memory Of" someone who has lost the fight. Additionally, our team will be selling t-shirts that depict a roadrunner (our mascot) putting the ninja moves on cancer.

Also, for every $5 that my advisory class collects I will pledge to do 1 lap on the track. We will see how much they want me to run (at least tracks are flat)!

No comments: