Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Blog-Update!

There's not much exciting or new going on around here. But we are enjoying our time and taking lots of pictures; trying to document every minute!

Shyla, who is now crawling army-style around the house, has decided that it's a lot of fun to play under the coffee table. Yet another thing that used to be Pancake's domain...taken over.

Shyla is now becoming a much better eater of real food. She especially loves carrots at the moment. So far she is taking after her daddy and not liking anything green though!

Post-bath and getting ready for baby-massage with "oceans of lotions." We have worked to establish a night-time routine so she is bathing every night.

Thankfully she loves her bath!

Last weekend we celebrated "Christmas" with my aunt Sherry, cousin Megan, her boyfriend Anthony, Don, and Dolly. The picture above is Anthony and Megan.

Shyla showing off a really funny hat (that really belongs to a teddy bear that aunt Sherry gave Lilly) and new shoes from aunt Sherry!

This picture shows Zac about to smack Shyla in the head with a maraca.

Shyla looking cute in jeans!

Ahhhh, this picture simply makes my heart happy. I hope it does the same for you:)

In other news: Ragnar is 27 days away. This whole French Toast Mafia thing sounded like a great idea last year. Now I think I'd rather just eat french toast.

5 comments:

Eileen Short said...

Awwww that last picture does make my heart happy. Frame it. :)

It was around this time that we transitioned from our coffee table (much like yours with sharp corners) to a leather ottoman, which also has plenty of room to store blankets, toys, etc. We found one at Sam Levitz, but I know Target has them too. It's been great to not worry about Kaia hurting herself on those corners. :)
Happy weekend.
http://images-a.hayneedle.com/mgen/digimarc.ms?img=master:AA004.jpg&h=368&w=368

The Yager Family said...

27 days?!? Crazy talk sister!

That last picture is to die for! Eileen is right... frame it for sure!
Love you!

Your Mom said...

I love all the pictures, but the last frosts the french toast! Your heart will be almost as happy when you have completed Ragnar!

Suzanne said...

French toast...yumm.... :) I love those photos of Shyla and what hair she is growing! With this coffee table talk, I have to share, ours now serves as a block to the television, so Soren can't touch it. I looks like our TV has its own bedfront table!

Congrats on the crawling Shyla!

lainiekitz said...

Awww, I love seeing little Shyla's personality shine in her photos! She is precious!

Over Spring break we need to get them together. Maybe at one of those little gym places. I will check into it.

I think we have the same high chair. Is it a Peg Prego or something of the sort? We got ours as a hand me down from Hope Tolley. Between the same car seat, almost the same nursery decor and now the high chair we should have a lot of things the same. Crazy!