Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Harper's 1st Ear Infection

Does this look like a sick baby to you?
She certainly didn't look ill to me.
For the past few weeks we had noticed that Harper had a rash on her belly and back. It was sometimes worse than others and it stopped at her diaper. I (wrongly) assumed it was a rug burn because she spends a lot of time on her belly and she is trying to crawl and scoot and move in anyway possible.

When they started questioning it at daycare I grudgingly made an appointment for her to see Dr. Terry. I didn't want to be "that parent" who goes to the doctor over ever scratch and bump.
Within seconds of looking at the rash (which was actually not as vivid as it sometimes was) he diagnosed it as baby eczema. Each night since we have washed her with Dove soap then lubed her up until she's a slippery baby. The rash is gone. Bad mommy. I should have known better.

While we were there, though, Dr. Terry did a quick exam on her. Turns out her left ear was infected so she is now on amoxicillin and we are on high-alert after everything we went through with Shyla's ears. Silly baby; she never ever told me that her ear hurt! Bad mommy. I should have known.

But, seriously, isn't she just the cutest?

2 comments:

butterflymama said...

She is the cutest!! I really hope her little ears don't keep getting infected like her poor sister's!!
You are so NOT a bad mommy, it's hard to know if something is wrong, especially when they are such happy babies!! Hang in there mama!!

Erin = ) said...

If only I looked that precious when I was sick...