Sleeping during tummy-time!
It was an exciting week! Shyla's cord finally fell off on her 2-week birthday which meant we were able to give her a bath for the first time! She actually enjoyed it. There aren't many pictures because we were both involved in the bathing process.
I love this picture except that she looks much too grown up!
I'm not sure what the blog title means, but it's cute! I apologize for the delay in updated posts and pictures. I've been told numerous times to "sleep when the baby sleeps" and so I do. And when she is awake I just want to be holding her and interacting with her. Hence: the house is a mess, the dog is rarely walked, and the blog is not as up-to-date as it should be! But, I hope you enjoy this update and pictures of our little angel.Weight-Check:
- when Shyla was born she weighed 7 lbs 9 oz
- when we left the hospital she weighed 7 lbs 3 oz
- when we went to our first doctor appointment she weighed 6 lbs 15 oz (don't worry, he says babies can lose up to 10% of their birth weight and still be very healthy)
- three days later she weighed 7 lbs 4 oz (great increase!)
- one week after that she weighed 7 lbs 14 oz - she is very healthy and thriving!