Monday, October 5, 2009

Some Shyla Firsts!

Some exciting "firsts" of our little girl! Enjoy!

Shyla is big enough for umbrella strollers! This is the one that is kept at Grandma and Grandpa Palmer's house. I won it a few years ago at a baby expo. Yep, I wasn't even pregnant! I felt kind of silly accepting the prize in front of all the about-to-pop moms-to-be!

This was her first time in her very own umbrella stroller that Grandma Palmer bought her. We took it to the bookstore and to the zoo!

It was definitely NOT Shyla's first time at a bookstore; however it was her first "retail therapy session." She had been feeling lowsy with what we found out later was an ear infection but she was very happy at the bookstore looking at all the books. She really is my daughter! If she gets anything from me, I hope it's my love of literature. We went a little crazy! The picture above shows all of her new books!

Shyla's first time wearing a bib! She generally doesn't need one since she still just gets bottle-fed but we've been giving her really messy, pink antibiotics and tylenol so I put a bib on her to keep her clothes clean. Doesn't she look cute? She's ready for school too! She's already practicing raising her hand!

3 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Yea she is so cute!!!

Your Mom said...

awwww...she is a living doll!!!..tho the last picture looks like she is flashing gang signs!

Suzanne said...

Too cute! You're like me...I had to know Soren had a bookcase almost before he had a crib! I LOVE buying books for him! So sorry to hear about the ear infection and hope things are improving!