Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Friday and Simply Saturday

Yesterday was Good Friday. I was off work so Shyla, Chelsea, Mom, and I walked the Stations of the Cross.
All 15 stations, uphill, with Shyla in the ERGO baby-carrier. She did great. I don't think she really disturbed anyone's prayerfulness.

Then we went to breakfast at The Good Egg which is one of our favorites!

And later we tried to feed her again! I love the faces she makes, but she looks so grown up in the picture. I have a feeling I will be getting lots of looks like that as she grows up!

We rounded out the day with some playtime at Grandma's house, a trip to Costco, and then more playtime at Grandma's.

Thanks, Mom, for a GREAT Friday!


And then Simply Saturday!

We had running club this morning. Stevie and the rest of the club ran a hard 7 miles. A special, and very envious, shout-out to Candace who ran with her 2 week old beautiful baby-girl Taylor! We ran about 3 miles, with Shyla and I bringing up the caboose again. Shyla got a few minutes of playtime with Ayden, which always makes a girl happy!

Then we had a very special lunch-time visit from the god-parents Dan and Erin! We had a great time just catching up and letting Shyla entertain us!

Amongst other things, Shyla decided that Pancake's water bowl is a pretty fun toy. Poor Pancake, I guess nothing is sacred anymore.

We bought Shyla some teething biscuits and tried one out today. She liked it for a few minutes, then threw it away in anger. Like everything else, we will try again tomorrow. Isn't Erin pretty? And a natural with Shyla for sure!

After the water bowl playing we decided to go sans clothes. Here she is with the god-parents!

And here just a close-up of her being silly, and teething.

And is there anything cuter than this?

Nope. I didn't think so.

5 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Nope, nothing cuter at all! love it!
How come I never get to see Dan and Erin? I know they only have little bits of time here, but tell them I miss them, wouldja?!?

Stephanie said...

Yet another story of the ERGO saving the day! I love mine and wear it almost daily. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Yor Mom said...

Definately nothing cuter! Sounds like a good start to the Easter season! Enjoyed Good Friday..

Karen said...

Kendra - so funny but my sister is good friends with your running club super mom Candice - she had told me before that Candice took the baby to a baseball game at 5 days and I was like "5 days after Tyler was born I could barely still get off the couch!"

Unknown said...

Hi! Oh the blogging world is so funny...my friend Alison asked me if I ran with you and now I see that she figured that out through her sister Karen. Anyway, thanks for the compliment! I'm glad we got to run together and I look forward to many more BOB runs! And I'm super excited I found your blog, so now I can follow that too!