Monday, March 29, 2010

Meat Sticks and Easter Decorations!

We had a fun, busy, and fast weekend.

Shyla is teething which means she is not sleeping well...which means no one is sleeping well. It is funny: after a rough night the most tired in our house is Pancake!

The focus of this post, though, is on the good times we had this weekend.

Saturday morning Stevie, Shyla, and I ran in the Pulte Homes 5K to benefit the Vail School District. It was a lot of fun and a very challenging run. I was impressed by the turn-out and by Pulte's organization of the race.

Sunday morning the three of us battled the wind (the Vail gale) by running around the track at Empire High School. I am trying really hard to actually train for this next marathon (June 6th in San Diego!) but, as always, I'm having a hard time finding the time. Then we went to grandma and grandpa's house....

...and made Shyla really angry by trying to feed her (she definitely doesn't get that from me!)

We put a meat stick on her tray. She wasn't sure what to think of it, but Zac knew exactly what to do with it...if he could only reach it!

She finally decided to try it, mostly though I think she was teething on it!

"Hummm....what is this?"

"Ummmm, I'm not really sure about this!"

"I will throw this meat stick at grandma and make my classic face at her too!"


Then it was time to prepare for Easter!

Lilly got set-up with an apron, colors, and eggs galore!

Everyone got in on the action. Even Chelsea, you know, when she wasn't in the way.

Then we decorated the window.

And smiled a lot.
Lilly later moved all of our decorations to another window, but they looked good for a little while.

I forgot to rotate this picture but you get the idea. This is the egg I made for Shyla for her very first Easter!

We are looking forward to Easter Sunday and Shyla's first egg-hunt. Be on the lookout the post about that!

Oh, and vote YES on Prop 100!

5 comments:

The Yager Family said...

1. What is wrong with that girl! Where does she get her hatred of food?
2. You kicked booty in the 5K.
3. Ummm... window decorations looked good after Lilly moved them too. Jeez.
4. I was NOT in the way.
5. Vote YES on prop 100.

Love you.

Natalie said...

Hey Kendra! As you may or may not know, I am a pediatric speech pathologist. I have worked with children that have feeding disorders due to a variety of reasons- medically fragile, autistic, sensory processing disorder. I've also been taking a class for the last year on working with children with feeding disorders. I am not at all implying that Shyla has a feeding disorder, but if it ever gets to the point where you feel like you need some more suggestions I would be happy to talk to you about getting her more excited and ready to eat.

Eileen Short said...

Great egg and pic! :) Um, what's a meat stick?

Vote YEP on PROP 100!

Stephanie said...

A marathon, huh? I am so impressed! Will this be your first one? :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Suzanne said...

Okay, Soren HATED those meat things...pretty scary, but loves hot dogs now!

Did you do Easter early? I can't wait to make ours on Saturday. I just did plastic filled ones last year, with Cheerios and snacks. This year he gets the real chocolate!