Saturday, March 13, 2010

Running Club!

As you all know, I like structure. I like to set a routine and I like to follow said set routine. When not in a routine, I feel like I am living in a blender.

One of my most favorite routines is Running Club. AKA Breakfast Club. AKA French Toast Mafia meeting. AKA relief from the weekly grind.

Saturday morning Shyla and I meet up with a bunch of my closest friends to run and then eat. Everyone runs at their own pace and for their own distance. Shyla and I are usually the caboose; and she always beats me. I love that we feel like a team (FTM Forever!) but I also love that it's non-competitive. After playing uber-competitive softball for over 15 years, and being competitive with just about every other aspect of my life, I love that it is just for fun!

Another thing I love about Saturday mornings is that Stevie has decided to join us! It's great to have something else to share and do together and, as Shyla grows, we want to instill in her a healthy lifestyle full of lots of physical activity, and the importance of good friends.

With all of this talk about running, you might think that some of the pictures that accompany the post are of runners, running. Well, you are out of luck. Instead all of the pictures are of Shyla. Of course.



After we finished our run we were waiting for the rest of the team to head to breakfast together and we took some time to play in the, albeit wet, grass. Shyla really liked the texture of it (it was probably her first experience with the soft, green ground-cover) and she is so active these days that sitting in the stroller for an hour is tough on the little critter.

(I should also explain, for those of you who closely examine pictures, Shyla did start the run with two (2) socks. One went missing along the way and the other spent more time in her mouth than on her foot)

She got passed around at breakfast as she always does. I love that my friends love my baby and I love that my baby loves my friends. Well, all that socializing and running will really wear a girl out so when Karen, the self-proclaimed "baby-whisperer" got her, she passed out like a sleeping angel.
And this picture has nothing to do with running but we wanted to make sure that the cupcake hat still fit and, hurray, it does! After this picture Stevie said, "okay, let's get Blossom in the car and go." Gotta love early 90's humor.

5 comments:

Your Mom said...

I love our own personal Blossom! What a great way to spend Saturdays!

The Yager Family said...

Looks like a great day! Bummed I wasn't there... GREAT pictures though in the bright green grass. Love it!
Oh, and to Stevie... "Oh you"

Suzanne said...

I love routine too, and look forward to it! Great photos of Shyla and fun visiting and hanging out Friday!

Tess said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Running Club is the best and the fact that we keep adding babies to it is even better!! Look forward to seeing you and the fam our there on saturday!!

Stephanie said...

Running Club! What a great idea! Sounds fun...and motivating!

Your little girl is adorable and I love the cupcake hat. Did you make it?

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net