Did y'all know that my sister is nutty? She is.
She orchestrated (beautifully, I might add) the Vail School District team to run in the inaugural Mt. Lemmon marathon/half-marathon.
I like to think that I am not nutty. When I first heard about this race, I thought anyone who signed up would have to be out-of-their-minds.
Nope, not nutty. But I guess I am easily persuaded though.
As Chelsea was recruiting runners for the event, sending persuasive emails, getting sponsors, and making me feel lazy, I gave in and signed-up. I think it was the idea of the long-sleeve finishers shirt that really lured me in.
All of us crazies started running up the mountain at 6:00 AM. Three hours and ten minutes later I crossed the finish line:
Some hi-lights from the day (other than finishing, of course):
- Our fellow French Toasts, with cowbell of course, cheering for us along the way at at the finish line.
- Watching Andy (another French Toast) finishing the FULL!
- Finishing 1 minute ahead of Chelsea after running together for over 12 miles (sorry, Chels, it's all physics)
- The ridiculously good breakfast at the Cookie Place
- Putting on the finishers shirt!
- James being announced as the winner of the FULL when he did the HALF (okay...I didn't actually hear this because I was 5 minutes behind James but I know it happened and it makes me giggle.
- Finishing before the winner of the FULL (by about 3 minutes).
- Our fellow French Toasts being there for support! (I know I already mentioned it, but it was truly amazing to have them there.)
Up next - Vegas, Baby!