Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rodeo Weekend!

Have I every told you how much I love the rodeo?

I love the rodeo. So much so, that my most recent facebook post was "God bless the rodeo."

But, I don't actually love going to the rodeo.

I love the rodeo, the Tucson Rodeo that is, because we get Thursday and Friday off of school for it. We are the only ones! I have friends that go to Disneyland for these two days, I have friends who run a 203 mile relay, I have friends that (gasp!) actually go to the rodeo, and my family used to go skiing over this important holiday break. Not even Phoenix has these days off! Ha ha, Phoenix; one more reason why Tucson rules and you drool.

For two years I had to help park cars at the rodeo as a fundraiser for Pima Softball.

But I digress.
In any event, this year I cannot ski or run a relay because of the fetus in my belly.

But we have had a great weekend nonetheless:

Thursday I got my haircut, brows waxed, and a pedicure! I also took a nap, went to costco, and had lunch with my mom.

Friday Shyla and I went to the zoo then Stevie and I went to the wedding of our high school friend Brett.

Saturday, the three of us met my friend Maren and her baby Jensen at the zoo (again!) then went to a birthday party for our good friend Ayden (turning 2!).

And Sunday looks to be full of family time, my favorite!

Thank you, handsome cowboys, for coming to Tucson!

In other news:
  • 2 weeks left until Spring Break and I am NOT teaching intersession!
  • we are having demo done on our backyard and are looking forward to creating a fun and functional yard for our baby(ies) to play!
  • 3 weeks until we find out if Fetus is a boy or girl!

4 comments:

Your MOM said...

Yep I love Rodeo week too and I am decidedly NOT a rodeo fan! It is truly a Tucson thing and that makes it wonderful...AND the parade is the largest non-mechanized (say GREEN) in the world!

Suzanne said...

You definitely are doing some celebrating! I wished now I'd left a little more time to just veg out, but it looks like today will just have to be that day. Great one too, with snow coming down!
Can't wait to hear on the gender of your little one!

Sassy said...

Hahaha..love it! I came across your blog and hope you don't mind me commenting.
I wish we had a rodeo around here to get some time off teaching..because then I could easily post a "God bless the Rodeo"..but right now it's just a hope for a "God bless snow days!" kind of environment!

Erin = ) said...

Giddy-up cowgirl =) Dan misses Rodeo week terribly, so I'm glad you bring honor to it! I am so excited to find out the big news in a few weeks...!