Here is the chain of events:
- When I picked Harper up from school last Monday, they told me she had been fussy and teary and had a low-grade temperature.
- Stevie stayed home with her on Tuesday, then Shyla and I met them at the ENT for a previously scheduled appointment.
- Her ears were both infected. But, she wasn't showing any hearing loss. They were scheduling surgery for mid-September, but there happened to be a cancellation for this Thursday. We took it.
- She was still feverish on Wednesday at 2AM. After giving her a bath to bring the temp down, I knew I would need to take Wednesday off, so I started writing sub plans.
- We fought her temperature all day Wednesday, then prepared for the surgery on Thursday.
- She did great! She was out of my arms for less than 15 minutes (12 to be more precise) and when we met her in recovery she was smiling and all the nurses were loving on her.
- That smile would last all day! He was able to drain the infection so she got instant relief. We had a great day together; we played and she also slept well!
Thank goodness for modern medicine!