Friday, April 26, 2013

Hall of Fame

 So this is pretty cool!  My Pima College softball team (NCJAA National Champions, 2004) was inducted into the Aztec Hall of Fame and my coach was inducted as an individual.

Those 2 years at Pima were some of the best of my life, at least before babies.  And that was a very special team to be a part of.  We were all so different but we played like one on the field and had so much fun together off the field.  I met Beth through that team and we have been BFFs ever since and I truly feel like I figured out who I was during those years.

My parents, who invested a lot of time, energy, and money into my softball career joined me and Stevie for the evening while Auntie Chelsea took care of all the kids.  It was a little lengthy and the food was blah, but the softball parts were great and it was awesome to see and catch-up with everyone (you know, other than on Facebook).




 Yep - my crazy husband took my jersey without me knowing it and put it on under his suit jacket just before the softball part of the ceremony.  I thought my mom was going to die laughing.

There were many highlights from the night but one of the best had to be catching up with my outfield/slapping coach, Alli.  She was instrumental in my skills but more importantly she was just there for me.  She is actually the one who told me to marry Stevie! 

It's an honor and it was a nice night to remember those great times from 2004!

2 comments:

Your Mom said...

It was a fun night and really a well deserved honor for that particular team and their amazing achievenments and for Coach who realy pulled it all together! It was a wonderous season and will never be forgotton!!

Erin =) said...

This is so amazing, Kendra, good for you! Well-deserved recognition for all that hard work.