Friday, April 26, 2013

Shyla's First Field Trip

sad post :(

My little girl recently went on her first field trip.  Her preschool went to a local fire-house and learned about fire safety.  I do believe she had a great time.  However, the only thing she was able to tell me about it, as we drove home from school that day, was that "all the parents stayed."  Logically, I knew that was not true but it broke my heart to know that's how she saw it.  All parents had been invited, but it was the day before AIMS testing for me and impossible to be off.  Just one more example of mom guilt .... I just found out they're having another field trip in May but sadly we aren't allowed to take days off during the last 2 weeks of school.  Ugghh.

1 comment:

Your Mom said...

OK that settles it: tell me the May date and I will be substitute parent on Shy's field trip...