Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Cooking with the Kids!



I'm really excited to write this post and to share that I'm intentionally getting the girls more involved in the kitchen and we've had a lot of fun doing it!
A few years ago Shyla got the princess cookbook at the bookfair and we've used it occasionally.  Now, however, the girls are taking turns (kind of) choosing an entre and we are preparing it together on the weekends.
I don't have any pictures of our first meal but Shyla had chosen Chicken Tenders.  We made them and served them with steamed veggies.  She did a great job!  Harper, on the other hand, was caught licking the whisk that she was using the stir the egg concoction so I can't call that a win.
Anyway, for this most recent weekend, the girls chose Seven Dwarf's Soup (Chicken Noodle, basically) and so we made it and it was delicious!
As a bonus - the girls and I love wearing the aprons that Grandma Barbara gave us!



1 comment:

Erin =) said...

I love this idea! And it makes me hungry =)