Sunday, December 13, 2009

A new hat and earrings!

Last night was a very special night (although as I type that I realize I didn't take any pictures of it)! We went to an annual dinner party hosted by birthday-girl Hillary who is always the hostess-with-the-mostest and great friend Cicely was there! Cicely lives in Boston with her husband Ara so she hadn't met Shyla yet. Cicely is one of the most kind and special ladies in my life and I am so glad to have her in Shyla's life as well. She brought Shyla that cute cupcake hat shown below. Shyla loves it!

This is me and Shyla at lunch this afternoon after we got her ears pierced! She was such a trooper! She cried for about 30 seconds and then we calmed her down and distracted her with pretty necklaces. Her ears look very pretty and in 8 weeks we can change her earrings (which are currently emerald for May) to the diamond ones that Grandpa Palmer bought her!

Okay, time for cute hat pictures!

Thanks Cicely! We love you!

3 comments:

Your Mom said...

She is so adorable...and the earrings are so cute as is the cupcake hat which I think she left her so I will have to wear it to work tomorrow!!

The Yager Family said...

This is a very cute post. Shyla is a doll and Cicely has great taste in hats, clearly!
Still, I think I remember you saying that your next blog post would be "a doosy." Do we have different definitions of the word "doosy"???

Jeannette said...

Shyla looks adorable in her hat but I'm a little disappointed your mom didn't wear it to work so I could decide who it looks better on. I guess by default Shyla wins.