This past weekend was Father's Day!
We started our morning by letting Stevie sleep in, then giving him his presents which included:
- The above arts and crafts picture created by Shyla
- A magnet picture of Stevie and Shyla for him to take to work
- The 2010 Eegees coupon book
- The Little Critter Book, Me and My Dad
- and a new sunshade for his car since Pancake destroyed his
After the zoo we went to Steve and Pat's house for lunch and for a nice visit. Shyla played with the big stuffed duck, while showing off her denim diaper!
Unfortunately, Pat wasn't feeling well but we got to spend a lot of time with Steve before heading across town to my parents.
For various reasons, lots of people had to cancel. Stevie was the only dad in attendance for the first couple hours so we asked him to hold the cake in a fatherly fashion and this is what he came up with.
And, as it was the 20th (and Zackary's half-birthday in fact) we tried to get a picture of the 3 grandkids together. Tried.
Father's Day certainly has new meaning now that I am married and have a baby, but it makes me appreciate my daddy even more. He is the best dad I ever could have asked for:)