Thursday, June 10, 2010

Scottsdale or Bust!

Okay, this post really stinks but it is late and I am tired.

The reason it stinks is that all of the pictures are out of order. So, use your imagination and pretend as if it makes a shred of sense.

Speaking of making sense...my husband is a weirdo.

My daughter loves water; the more up the nose the better.

Splash pads are awesome! Moral of the story - we need to buy a water table. Stat.

Old friends are the best! Above is Joe. Joe went to high school with me and Stevie and lives in Scottsdale. He is a gem and we had a great evening catching up with him!

Speaking of old friends, Rachel and I have been friends for about 15 years and she has 2 beautiful kids:)

Well, we are back from our 10 day vacation! We had a lot of fun and we hope you enjoy the pictures!
On Sunday I attended a mini-Alleycat-reunion. Some of my best friends (Pauline, Rachel, Maren, and Cat) met for lunch at Zinc then they all came back to our villa for an afternoon by the pool. The afternoon turned into evening and night as we talked, caught-up, laughed, debated, and cried. They are my history and they helped make me who I am. One thing that we all agreed on at the end of the day was that through years, marriages, babies, loss, joy, jobs, joblessness, good times and bad...no matter how many things change, we all remain the same.
Stevie and I have a time-share every even numbered year so we needed to use it this year. With Shyla being only 1 year, we thought more of a "stay-cation" would be easier than something exotic. Because Scottsdale in summer is not exactly "peak-time" we had extra points that we used on getting a 2nd villa for our families to stay. My parents, Chelsea, and the kids came up first. As you see above, Grandpa Palmer got some quality time with his girls.
Everytime we have been to Kierland Stevie has bored me to tears on the golf course and this trip was no different. This time, though, I got the added bonus of chasing Shyla around and keeping her away from the golf-carts.
Isn't she a beauty?
One great thing about Kierland is the pools and our little water baby LOVED them! She has super adorable swimwear and she showed it all off. She is fearless; which makes Mommy fearful.

5 comments:

Eileen Short said...

Love, love, love seeing Shyla in her cute suits!!

We should take our girls to Brandi Fenton to enjoy the splash park soon...

chelsea said...

Love it! It made total sense, to me at least.

Thanks again - we had a total blast!

Gabi said...

LOVE THAT WATER BABY!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

Do they make bathing suits like that in my size? What a doll and looks like you had a great time, and Stevie too!

Your Mom said...

It was a superfun stay-cation for sure. Thanks for hosting Scottsdale!