Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Buckalew Farms 2012

This past weekend we took our annual trip to Buckalew Farms.  There is a 5K there every October so we take the opportunity to get a fun run in and then spend some time together in the pumpkin patch. 

This year I got to do the run while Stevie stayed with the girls.  Unfortunately, I suspect the run was a bit shorter than 5K because my time was 28:10, which is substantially faster than my normal 5K time of 31 minutes.  But I felt great the whole time!  Like I was cruisin'; I wasn't tired at all and I never had the urge to take a walk break.

After the race, we spent some time climbing on hay bales and looking at the animals at the petting zoo, then we took a ride on the tractor to the pumpkin patch.  Shyla picked out two little pumpkins, one for her and one for Harper; she dropped hers about 10 times though.  And we got 1 family pumpkin to carve together.

All-in-all it was a fantastic morning! 






2 comments:

Your Mom said...

Aww...so fun! Wish I could have been there!

Erin =) said...

Your training must be paying off, good for you! Nothing like a day on the pumpkin farm to get you in the mood for fall =)