Sunday, March 3, 2013

Disneyland!

Over Rodeo Break, Stevie "surprised" me with a trip to Disneyland!  Being the sleuth that I am, I had actually figured it out about a week before we were leaving, but it was nonetheless one of the nicest things he could have done for me.  

What had happened was - we were scheduled to spend the long weekend in Scottsdale so I could complete my 10th half-marathon.  But a few weeks ago I went to the doctor with knee pain and was told to stay off it for 6 weeks, so I had to cancel my run.  I thought we'd still go up and have a nice family weekend.  This was when Stevie took it upon himself to change the reservation to Anaheim instead and surprise me and the girls with 3 days at Disneyland!

It was actually the best of both worlds - I got a vacation that I didn't have to plan for, AND I wasn't surprised (most of you know, I hate surprises!)

However, I was shocked to see Aunt Kirsten, Uncle Jim, and Simoniphia just as we walked through the gates on our first day there!  That was an awesome treat!

This post is just pictures as there are really too many memories to share!  Enjoy!




















2 comments:

Erin =) said...

A few things:
1. Such a sweet husband you have to "surprise" you with a trip to the happiest place on earth.
2. Glad you're taking a break from running for you knee - sorry you missed your race, but body parts are more important!
3. Can't BELIEVE how grown up Harper looks!
4. Did you love the Cars ride? I thought it was the most fun ever!
5. Cannot wait to hear more about this awesome adventure...soon!

Your Mom said...

Agree with Erin! Plus, you better get to blogging about the "so many memories" before they fade and plus I want to hear about them!