Thursday, November 5, 2009

Half-Marathon

When I first found out my due-date for Shyla's anticipated arrival, I decided that I would run in the November 1st Half-Marathon at Sabino High School.  That gave me 5 months and 3 days from the day she arrived to train.

Well, I did it!
It took me 2 hours and 35 minutes to complete the 13.1 mile race and that finish line never looked so good!  I felt great, actually, through mile 10 and then it all went (figuratively) downhill.  
Chelsea and some other friends and I are running in the December 6th Half-Marathon in Vegas-Baby!  I hope that my foot is healthy by then (it started hurting badly after mile 10) and I hope to beat my time.  But, as always, the number one goal is to just finish and to do so smiling:) 

3 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Whoa there sister, who said we had to smile during this craziness?!? Just kidding of course.
You look super cool in that picture, and I'm SO proud of you! Can't wait till VEgas baby!

Your Mom said...

I too am so very proud of your accomplishment! You always follow thru once you make up your mind!!!Great job!

Suzanne said...

I am ever so envious of you! Seeing as how I maybe run to the bathroom kinda fast if I have to go, and that's the extent of it lately.. j/k. Your sis is right-you look awesome in that pic! It should be on the ad for next year's race!