Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happiest of Valentine's Days to everyone!

Shyla received a Valentine. From a boy.

See, here it is. I'm so proud.

Proof that it was from a boy: Ethan.

Not nearly as exciting was the Valentine's presents she got from me and Stevie: a giant green frog and a board book, Baby Cakes.

Shyla has decided that she pretty much doesn't need us to feed her anymore. She can now hold her own bottle. As Stevie says, "now if we could just teach her how to make one."

And our little girl looking festive in her Valentine's Red.

Most couple celebrate Valentine's Day by going to romantic dinners or movies. Not us. Previous Valentine's Days have been celebrated at McDonald's (not that there is a single thing wrong with that) or not celebrated at all which, too, is fine. Today we celebrated by running in a Couple's Relay Race down at the U of A. It was a lot of fun. I started the relay and ran the two miles (including up and down the ramps at the football stadium) with the rose as our baton. At the exchange point couples were instructed that they had to participate in a PDA which is funny if you know Stevie. He was, unsurprisingly, a good sport and gave me a smooch as I passed off the rose and he went off on the same route I had just completed. We didn't finish first. But we didn't finish last either. And we got donuts on the way home, which is a win in my book any day of the week.

We hope your V-Day was just as fun!

3 comments:

Your Mom said...

It was a fantastic V-Day for us! We got to spend time with Shyla, and Lilly and Zac too and ended with a wonderful prime rib dinner with my mom's best friend (and ours) Evelyn and her daughter. Life is pretty darn great.

The Yager Family said...

1. Boys named Ethan = trouble.
2. Shyla = adorable.
3. You and Stevie = cute.
4. Donuts = good.

:)

Suzanne said...

I pretty much agree with Chelsea, except that I loved the name Ethan for Soren....he could have been that, but it is too popular of a name....and I would have put donuts up higher on the list. YUM!

Happy V-day!