I have a Love-Hate Relationship with swimming.
Allow me to explain:
- I love the weightlessness
- I love how cool it is
- I love that it's a good workout that doesn't seem like one
- I love that there is never soreness
- I love that I can get vitamin D without getting a sunburn
- I hate swimsuits
- I hate(d) meets
- I hate combing chlorine out of my hair
- I hate toe cramps
- I hate the idea of sharing a lane
But, I recently discovered that swimming might be my only true "me-time" of my very busy (but blessed) days.
Realizing that I absolutely need to get 30 minutes on exercise almost everyday, I have started doing some lap swimming in between work and picking up Shyla.
It's not pretty, but it feels good and I think it's helping to regulate my blood sugars.
When I was younger my swim coach used to say that I looked "Like a Hot Knife through Butter" when I swam. It is now more like a whisk cutting through a head of cabbage. But again, it feels good and it's providing me with some "me-time!"