Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Harper & the Bottle

As I have mentioned, Harper's last feeding of each evening is a bottle of formula. The takes place immediately following bath time. In fact, she wants it right after her jammies are on, so I try to make sure the bottle is made and ready for her before we even get into the bath.

However, because Stevie is rarely home for bath and bedtime, and because I only have 2 arms, it's been a stressful time. I've been forced to let Harper cry while I get Shyla out of the bath and into jammies. (Truly this probably only takes about 5 minutes, but when you are listening to your baby cry it feels like an eternity!)

But, we have reached an important milestone that has made this time of night SO MUCH EASIER! Harper can now hold her own bottle!

So, although I'd much rather give her the nighttime bottle like this:


She can now do this while I tend to Shyla:
It is amazing how one little change can affect our routine so greatly!

This milestone has also made driving a bit easier as I can hand her a bottle of breastmilk, if I have it ready, rather than pulling over to nurse her or listening to her cry. Additionally, I have been able to take some longer walks because, as long as I have a bottle of breastmilk ready, I don't have to worry about being back in time for her next feeding.

Way to go Harper girl!

3 comments:

Your Mom said...

Baby girl is growing up sooo fast...not sure how I really feel about this!

The Yager Family said...

Yay for you and so proud of her!

Erin = ) said...

Way to go, Harper! First, holding your bottle, next, ruling the world... so fun!