Thursday, June 16, 2011

Harper's Baby Shower!

As I have mentioned before, I have wonderful friends! I am so very blessed! A few weekends ago some of my besties threw a baby shower for me and Harper Ann! As you can see from above, the theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

It was the perfect sized shower and I felt loved and supported just as I know Harper will immediately become part of our extended "family" as Shyla did.

I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to because I was visiting and enjoying. I'm hoping other guests took some to share! But here's what I have:

Abbie and Sadie.

My mom and Gavin.

Zac, Ayden, and Shyla (anxiously waiting for the go-ahead on the cupcakes!)

The Theme!

Opening gifts!
We were, of course, spoiled by the generosity of our friends and family with lots of clothes, books, blankets, a double-stroller, stuffed animals, an IPOD player, diapers, etc. Plus a Gadabout gift-card and purple lamp that were both delivered to my house!

And then there was the "show" part of the shower when Shyla decided to do this. For the record, I thought Stevie taught that to her, but he didn't. She learned it all on her own apparently.

Beth and Sadie toward the end of the party!

As I have said countless times, we have the best friends in the world.

I don't have any pictures but my good friend, Suzanne, also organized a collection through our work and we ended up with a very generous gift-card to Target! I had planned to use it on the double-stroller but since it ended up at the shower, we have used it on bottles instead.

We are filled with love.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

What a wonderful theme for a shower. I just love that cupcake caterpillar and the balloons are too cute. That would make a good theme for a kids birthday party too. Hmmm.

So glad you were showered with love (and baby stuff!). Bet you feel better about Harper's upcoming arrival.

Your Mom said...

You do have wonderful friends...how blessed we all are.

Erin = ) said...

I love the theme! It looks like it was a great party and I'm sorry to have missed it, but it is just so wonderful to know how loved little Harper Ann is already = )

Suzanne said...

I LOVE the theme! That is sooooo cool! Seriously! By the way, I have a little something else for you (Harper) I was hoping to give you yesterday for our playdate, but we'll have to schedule another time. Such fun this looks like it was!