Saturday, January 17, 2015

Shyla Under the Weather

We are coming off quite a week!  Let me tell you a little bit about it:
TUESDAY: Late night at Site Council and PTA for me meant a late night for Harper at Chelsea and Mikes and a late night for Shyla at Grandma and Grandpa's.  {Have we mentioned that it takes a village?}
WEDNESDAY: Shyla got sick at school and sent home.  They couldn't get ahold of me so called Stevie and he, much to the surprise of my coworkers, left work immediately to get her.  I finished my day and then took Harper for a haircut (more on that later) and finally made it home.
THURSDAY: Super busy work day for me, but with Shyla still fighting a fever I stayed home with her.  That evening Stevie and I attended, as planned, a financial aid meeting at St. Cyrils (perhaps more on that later as well) while Grandma and Grandpa took care of the girls.
FRIDAY: After a really rough night of temperatures, crying, and vomiting, I got up and ready for work.  My mom showed up at about 6am to wait for Shyla to wake up and take care of her.  However, when Deborah (my amazing principal) found out about Shyla's status, she demanded I stay home to take care of her.  We went to the doctor and she was negative for both strep and the flu so we were sent home to fight the virus and treat the symptoms.  I made Miracle Healthy Soup for the family and Grandma and Grandpa.
SATURDAY: We slept in until 8am!!  Wowzer!  And spent the rest of the day resting, Harper and Stevie went to Movers & Shakers, and we began our move!  Harper and I also got the go to taco night while Shyla and Stevie stayed home.

Phew!  What a week!  Here's hoping next week is not quite as busy and that everyone gets and stays healthy!


1 comment:

Erin =) said...

Phew is right! Even being home sick, that Shyla is so cute!