Friday, October 11, 2013

It. Was. Awesome.


Remember how I told you we were going to Disney On Ice present Rockin' Ever After on opening night and that I was super excited?  Well, we went last night and the show did not disappoint!


Apparently Harper is obsessed with Minnie Mouse!  {You may remember my mortification when Shyla met Minnie for the first time and smacked her across the nose....}  Minnie, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy were the hosts of the event but every time they left the stage to let the performers do their thing, Harper would say "Minnie go?  Minnie go?"


Both girls love Merida (above).  But they also loved seeing Ariel, Rapunzel, and Belle.  It's funny how they associate the color of the dresses with the princesses.  For a while they didn't believe me (well, neither did Stevie for that matter) that the girl in the blue and white dress was Belle; they only know her as wearing the beautiful yellow gown.

(all pics above are copyright of Disney)

Then at the finale when they were all on stage (above) Shyla thought the princess in pink was Sleeping Beauty when she's in fact Ariel, sans mermaid tail.

It was like experiencing two hours of the magic of Disneyland, right here in Tucson.  The looks on the girls' faces were amazing and it was a really special night.

The only bad part: intermission.  Both girls wanted the action to continue!

Mom of the year, though, didn't even think to have the girls dress-up in one of the dozens of princess dresses that cover Shyla's bedroom.  But of course, before we even parked we saw girl after girl trotting in wearing beautiful dresses.  Oops.

Also, we were running a few minutes late, which gives me super anxiety.  We had a lovely dinner before the show at Pita Jungle (one of my faves!) but then the parking lot was full and we ended up parking at the Children's Museum and walking, each carrying a child, briskly.  That was my workout for the day (in addition to the spin class I did at 5:45AM!)

I'm continually amazed by how different my girls are from each other.  Harper was totally excited and animated during the show: clapping excessively, waving at the characters, shouting "Minnie go?"  Whereas Shyla was mesmerized throughout.  She would whisper things like, "what's going to happen next?" or "who is that?" but she didn't clap or wave or shout.  But today, all she can talk about is Disney On Ice!  She's excited to take her program and Merida cup to show-and-tell next week!

After the show both girls needed to be carried again out of sheer exhaustion.  Once buckled in, Shy whined for about 45 seconds about being uncomfortable, and they were both zonked out before we even got onto Congress!  We arrived home at 9:45PM, remember they generally go to bed at 7PM, and everyone crashed except for me.  I did homework.  But I digress.

You can't take pictures during the show (well, you're not supposed to .... people do, but I'm a rule follower), but here's what I have from dinner and intermission:





I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunity to attend this show and make these memories with my girls.  I'm also very lucky to have a supportive husband who treats me and his daughters like princesses and takes us to events like this after working all day, then getting up again the next morning to go back to work.

PS:  I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment provided me with complimentary tickets to the show.  Even though I received these benefits, I will always give an opinion that is 100% mine.

No comments: