Saturday, October 19, 2013

Vail Health and Wellness Fair

I feel very fortunate to work in a school district (and particularly my school) where physical fitness and healthy choices are a top priority.  Adults are charged with the responsibility of setting a good example to the students in the food choices we make and the health choices we make.

This morning my district hosted the first annual Health and Wellness Fair, so of course we went out for a happy morning.

The Color Run (5K) started at 9AM.  I ran it while Stevie played with the girls (again, blessed).  It's fun to run along-side (and beat!) students and coworkers and even administrators!  I finished in under 32 minutes and, for the first time ever, I talked the whole time.  I found a guy right away whose pace I liked, so I stalked him for the first 0.5 mile before he started talking to me and we didn't stop.  We kept good pace and the time passed quickly.



The girls ran and ran and ran while I ran.  They made friends with another little girl and enjoyed time playing on the rocks, in the grass, and listening to the musical performances by some of our school's bands and orchestras.





Color Runs are all the rage right now and this was my first one.  They keep things interesting by having you doused with colored corn starch along the course.  Needless to say, by the end you are quite colorful as you can see.  Harper, ever a Forgacs, kept saying, "messy, messy!" and pointing at me.




We enjoyed the health booths in the gym and I got to see a lot of folks I haven't seen in a while (and they somehow recognized me!)  Outside there was a rock wall and trampoline.  Shyla had a great time on the trampoline as you can see.

Once again, it's all about setting a good example for our children and this was another opportunity to do just that!  It was also a great chance to have family time and get some fresh air .... and show off my beautiful family!

1 comment:

Your Mom said...

Good job!!! What a fun way to set a good example for your kids!!