Saturday, September 17, 2011

Post-Harper 5K

This morning Harper and I completed our first 5K since she was born.

The race benefitted The Ben's Bells Project and My Team Triumph.

It was tough since I haven't been running much and it was a tough course. It started and ended on a wet baseball field; pushing Harper through the thick grass was a struggle. But, due to My Team Triumph, there were dozens of people pushing their handicapped kids through it too. It was equally motivating and inspiring.

We were slow, but we did it. Lots of people ooohhhhed and ahhhhhed at Harper and the timing was perfect! She didn't need to eat until we were in the privacy of our own home with a Starbucks in hand!

I had forgotten my camera, so we had to wait until we got home to take our race picture. You can't see it but Harper is wearing our finisher's medal which is a Ben's Bell. You also can't see it but she is appropriately dressed in an Under Armor UofA onesie compliments of our good friend, Linda. You also can't see it but Harper is thrilled and proud of her mommy.


Eight weeks and counting to our next half-marathon. It might be time to think about training, if I plan to break my habit of not training for things. We shall see.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

SO proud of you sister!

Suzanne said...

Great job gals!!!!

Jeannette said...

Wow, way to go!
Oh and Harper is definitely giving a thumbs up in that picture! :)

Erin = ) said...

Go Mommy! Great job, Kendra, and of course, Harper, too ... who says it's all fun and games to just be pushed around all day looking cute?! I love Ben's Bells - both organizations are so important and yay for you gals for supporting them = )