Today my Shyla is 2 1/2 years old.
Seriously?!? Where did the time go?
- strikingly beautiful.
- smart. Sometime a little too smart.
- loving her role as big sister.
- obsessed with jumping castles and peanut butter.
- not really interested in potty training.
- a fan of parties, story-times, the zoo, and the children's museum.
- testing her boundaries. And, at times, my patience.
- a great chef! In her pretend kitchen, with my kitchen tools.
- caring and compassionate and a bit of a tattle-tail.
- just about as in love with Starbucks as I am. And for that, I am proud.
She loves to tell stories about her life, and will also include reference to whether she cried or not by saying "Shyla cried" or "No Shyla cry." She gives the best hugs and kisses, if you can get her to stop dancing or jumping long enough. Those binkies are still around but only for sleeping now and she insists on taking at least 3 of them to bed with her. She is still in her crib, but that will be changing shortly.
I don't think she has any comprehension, nor will she ever, of how much we love her. We cannot even remember our lives without her in them. She was our 1st baby and we still look at her in awe and amazement.