Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Annie's Orchard

Stevie had to go to California for work this week, which could explain my lack of blog update (busy, busy, busy). He was supposed to fly home this morning (Friday) but changed his flight to Thursday night to surprise us. Let me pause here for a side-note:

I don't sleep well while he is gone. I'm not "scared" to be alone, but I am uneasy and anxious. Doors are locked and checked and checked again. And I lay in bed, but I don't really sleep. He is well aware of this so as he walked through the door he immediately said, "it's me, it's me, it's me" so as not to scare me (luckily I had already figured it out through his cryptic texts because otherwise it would have scared me no matter what he did).

But I was certainly glad to have him home and it meant we had all day today as a family. We decided to spend it at Apple Annie's Orchard! The weather was perfect, the girls were well-behaved, and it wasn't crowded at all.

I'm going to start and end with my 2 favorite pictures from the day:









When all was said and done we picked about 6 pounds of apples (it makes me feel good to know that our girls will know where food comes from). After buying our apples we ate lunch at a picnic table surrounded by beautiful apple groves, Stevie and Shyla shared some apple pie a la mode (Shyla only liked the ice cream part though) while Harper nursed, we sampled a few pieces of fudge and then bought one piece of fudge and one loaf of apple bread.

Both girls slept most of the way home and the rest of the day was spent just hanging out as a family. All in all it was a perfect day!

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

SO SO glad it was a great day!

Jeannette said...

What a wonderful start to your weekend! Love the pictures! :)

butterflymama said...

What a wonderful surprise!! Looks like you had fun at Apple Annies! :)

Unknown said...

We visited last weekend. We had such a blast picking pumpkins and apples.

Your Mom said...

What a beautiful day...these are the types of days we all live for!!!

Suzanne said...

Love those days too! Great pics! Congrats also on a great 5K and your weight loss. You go girl!

Erin = ) said...

What a perfect fall day - I love it! And what a great husband you have to come home early to be with all his girls...sigh ;) I love the last picture with Steve and Shyla; this is one of those fun-in-action shots that are so hard to capture, but you totally got it!