Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WW - week 6

I have foolishly forgotten one very important thing when it comes to my WW posts - I want to thank my mom for supporting me and funding this journey. Thank you, Mama!

Okay, Tuesday is weigh-in day and today was a good one! I wasn't sure how it would be considering last Friday's adventure at Apple Annie's which ended with me eating an entire square of dark chocolate fudge! I ended up scraping the day and not tracking nor counting. But, alas, the rest of the week must have been decent because I lost 2.8 pounds this week!

I couldn't stay for the meeting today because I had to take my car to get work done, but I am back on track and hoping to have a good week ahead.

One thing that has made me successful is having a "go-to" meal. One that is low in points, high in nutritional value, and consists of foods we almost always have on hand. This meal is made up 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, 2 turkey sausage patties, a banana, and an apple. It costs me 5 points and is really filling and tasty. I always save the apple for last; it takes longer to eat it which prevents me from going back to the kitchen to find more (unnecessary) food.


The best part about being over 14 pounds lighter? ...My wedding rings fit! Yep, they are still a bit snug but I was able to get them on! The timing is perfect; but more on that tomorrow!


Week 6 Weight LOSS: 2.8 pounds

Total Weight Loss: 14.6 pounds

Pounds to Goal: 30.2 pounds

5 comments:

Your Mom said...

Great job Honey!! You are one determined woman...and I am so happy your rings finally fit just in time!! Love you...keep up the great work!

Chelsea said...

Yay! You are rockin' sis :)

Eileen Short said...

Dang girl! Impressive!

Erin = ) said...

2.8lbs, you are seriously my hero right now, Kendra...I am equally impressed/envious/supportive, hahaha! WAY TO GO!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I'm so impressed!! Hmmm.... maybe I'll try WW again...