Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WW - week 5

Well it's Tuesday and that means time for another check-in on my weight loss journey. It was a fairly normal week leading up to this weigh-in: I wasn't traveling and we mostly ate at home. I am continually trying to find healthy, easy meals but more on that later.

It was also a successful week! I lost 2.6 pounds! Wahoo!

One thing I love about WW, probably due to the teacher in me, are the incentives. I think incentives are really important, even to the most intrinsically motivated.

Because this puts me at a total of 11.8 pounds lost, I earned this blue ribbon:

I have it strategically hanging on my refrigerator door.

Additionally, there has been a challenge going on for the past 7 weeks to simply attend a weekly meeting. If you attended at least 6 of the last 7 weeks, you earned a bracelet:
Don't worry, I wasn't driving while I took this picture! But I will wear my bracelet proudly with the reminder to "stay on target."

I really like this meeting because everyone is so supportive! My friend's mom goes to this meeting every week and she has lost over 25 pounds! And she even lost while on vacation; thus proving that it can be done!

And as a special treat this week, I saw one of my best friends' mom there, who usually attends a different meeting. She got to meet and snuggle Baby Harper for the first time and we got to catch up briefly. I hope to see her more often!

Week 5 Weight LOSS: 2.6 pounds

Total Weight Loss: 11.8 pounds

Pounds to Goal: 33 pounds

8 comments:

Your Mom said...

Way to go KPF!!!! You ROCK!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Awesome!!! It's NOT easy to lose baby weight :-/ You're doing a great job!

Chelsea said...

Whoop whoop proud of you!

Emily Guth said...

My mom loved seeing you there too!!! Keep up the great work. See you soon.

butterflymama said...

Congrats!! :)
I completely agree with the incentives! I think I need to find some incentives of my own ;)

Unknown said...

You are doing awesome! It sounds like we need to set up a easy/healthy meal recipe swap!

Cathy Wesner said...

Congrats Kendra. You're doing an awesome job on Weight Watchers and being a mom. I love seeing you and Harper at the meetings. Maybe one day I'll get to meet Shyla.

Erin = ) said...

Almost 12 pounds, Kendra, seriously you are AMAZING! Stay on track indeed girl = )