Monday, October 17, 2011

Buckalew Farms

We spent yesterday morning at Buckalew Farms! This was our third year and it has become quite the family tradition that I hope continues for many years to come. Again, a huge and giant thank you to my parents. We would never be able to do things like this without them and our kids (all 4 of 'em!) are SO VERY lucky to have them!

Chelsea and I ran in the 5K (that I think was a bit longer than that) along with Michelle, Jon, Torey, Ben, and hundreds of other people (including, unfortunately, the lady that yelled at me)!

It was an early morning to get all the way out there by race time but we did it! My time was just over 34 minutes but I ran the whole thing so that makes me feel good.

Our good friends, the Rileys, also made it out! We got to visit with them briefly but then lost track of them when it came time to pick pumpkins and, unfortunately, didn't get any pictures of them.

Jon, Michelle, and Isla :)

After the race (and actually before the race while with Grandma and Grandpa) Shyla wanted to run! And run, and run, and run. She is amazingly fast and has good form!

After the race and a Harper feeding and time playing on hay bails, it was time to ride the tractor out to the pumpkin patch. Although she isn't showing it here, Shyla LOVED riding on the tractor!
Auntie Chelsea and her kids out in the pumpkin patch!

This was when Shyla declared, "Pumpkins all gone." Not really sure what she meant by that!

Here is the pumpkin Shyla found.

It is just her size! Perfect!

After the pumpkin patch and before the mother-of-all-meltdowns, there was time in the jumping castle (or "jumping cay-sel" as Shyla says). She talks about jumping castles almost daily so we were glad that she had some time in one.

We love, love, love this tradition of running the race then picking pumpkins! It is fine, family fun! We were sad (and so was he) that Stevie had to miss it but there will be more fun ahead.

2 comments:

Your Mom said...

What a fun day it was! And I love that tradition too!

Erin = ) said...

I love it - but I'm curious why the lady yelled at you?! I mean, the nerve! And I laughed at your optimism about the bouncy castle and then "the mother of all meltdowns"...you crack me up, Kendra!