So, there is a weekly group run/walk/talk social gathering each Monday evening at Maynards Market in Downtown. I think the idea is to get active people together and to get more folks downtown. You can choose the 2, 3 or 4 mile route and it's something I have been wanting to start going to for probably a year now.
Last Monday we had the opportunity to go. I thought it would be the first of many outings. I thought that in just seven more weeks I would be getting my first incentive: a t-shirt!
I thought wrong.
Here is what I learned about Monday night's Meet Me at Maynards:
- Anytime we drive west on 22nd street, Shyla will think we are going to the zoo and will start talking about the animals she wants to see.
- The folks at MMM are very friendly! They will give you hand stamps and a light to wear (which Shyla will love)!
- Shyla will refuse to sit in the stroller and will, instead walk, slowly, gazing at the tall buildings.
- When she finally sits in the stroller to eat her strawberries and fruit snacks, she will drop them both and will freak out about it.
- She will comment, "guys running" as people run by. And it will feel like she is mocking you.
- It will get late. She will get tired. Harper will get hungry. They will both scream the entire way home.
- And the most important thing I learned is that, MMM is something that I would still LOVE to get involved with but it will have to wait awhile yet. And, I'm okay with that.