Thursday, March 24, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 4

30 Day Challenge - Day 4 - A Picture of your Night

Well, I don't have any pictures of my nights, but I'd love to tell you about them:

Every new mom expects to have a few months of sleepless nights. I was no different. I didn't go into this motherhood thing expecting to maintain my 9-10 hours of beauty rest each night. But...on the other hand, I didn't expect to have 18 months of sleepless nights. Oh well, that's what we got (sidenote: it took us leaving town and leaving Shyla with my parents for the weekend for her to finally sleep through the night, for that I am forever grateful!)

However, just last week (literally 7 days ago) Shyla decided that sleeping through the night was no-bueno. I think she may be having night terrors. She is waking up 2 or 3 times each night screaming "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy...." you get the idea. It's been rough, but much better since Stevie has been back in town. Listening to her scream for me, and not being able to do anything about it, is one of the worst feelings I can imagine.

The good thing is that she wakes up as happy as a clam and doesn't seem to remember anything from the night.

So, task #4, that is my night: I go to sleep early because there is no telling what the night will hold in store for you.

*************************************************************************************

As I was thinking about the post, however, it occurred to me that it could be interpreted as:

30 Day Challenge - Day 4 - A Picture of your Knight

In that case, here you go:

This was before our good friend Brett's wedding last month.

Here's to everyone that reads this getting a good night's sleep.

3 comments:

Erin = ) said...

Awww, you and your knight are too cute! Here's to hoping you all get a good night of sleep...fingers crossed = )

Chelsea said...

I like your description of your knight better than your night. Hope tonight is good!

Your Mom said...

Aww 2...and your Knight in Dusty Armor is outside trying to make your patio nice for you and the babies! Hope your nights are just as good as your knight!