Friday, April 8, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 19

30 Day Challenge - Day 19 - A Picture of You when You were Little

Crazy picture, huh?

Pictured from the bottom to top: Cousin Miguel, Cousin Nunu, Sister Chelsea, Me (about 6 years old, I think)

This picture was taken at our grandparent's house. We were in a pool that we spent hours and hours and hours in every summer. My grandpa used to sit out and watch us, "churn up the water." They also had an olive tree that hung over the pool, providing some shade. My grandma used to pay us an absurd amount of money, per olive, to dive to the bottom of the pool and retrieve them.

When I look at this picture as an adult, with 1.5 children of my own, it literally makes my heart skip a beat. Seriously?!? Mom? Dad? Grandma? What were you thinking letting us do that? If we had topped over, guess whose head would have smashed into the deck! But, alas, that didn't happen and I'm so glad someone thought to take a picture of the madness.

BTW - thank you, Cousin Miguel, for finding this picture and posting it to facebook!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

LOVE!

Your (stressed out) Mom! said...

Not seen in picture: a neurotic anxious Mom and Grama yelling and running around the pool perimeter and stressing out! Not the most peaceful memory of your childhoods for me!!! It's all fun and games until someone cracks their skull!