Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Zoo 4-23-11

Since I am feeling much better today, I took Shyla to the zoo for an outing while Stevie continues to work in the backyard.

We started by getting our picture taken together in one of those photo-booths. She was a little scared at first but she sat on my lap and chose the monkey as our "background." Not the wisest $5 I've ever spent, but a cute keepsake nonetheless.

I wasn't able to take many pictures on this zoo trip because Shyla wanted to be carried the majority of the time. But we did see lots of animals and our friends Suzanne and Soren.

Later we also saw our friends Laura and Josh and Sarah, but couldn't talk for long because Shyla had her eyes on the elephants.

Oh, and continuing with our tradition of physically attacking defenseless characters, she decided it would be really fun to knock over this inflatable Easter Bunny when I asked her to pose for a picture with it.
Weebles Go Wobble, but this one actually fell down.

Our zoo is always a great outing that gets us out of the house, some vitamin D, and a chance to spend quality time together. I do wish they opened a little earlier, though, because spending an hour there leads right up to nap time and doesn't leave much time for lunch. Oh well, that's my gripe for the day.

2 comments:

butterflymama said...

Glad you're feeling so much better!!

Erin = ) said...

Well, at least we don't have to worry about Shyla and "stranger danger"...she'll just whop 'em down!